Jr Fair Swine
Last Update: 12 June 2017
Barn Superintendent: Corey Prosser
Senior Fair Board: T. Carpenter
Junior Fair Board: Brayden Burke and Luke McKee
Saturday, July 22 from 6:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
Vet will be on gate duty from 6:00 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. All animals are to be in their pen by 3:00 p.m.
Saturday July 22, 2017 3:30p.m.
Weigh In-Saturday July 22, 2017 following
Market Goat Weigh-In, Swine Arena
Sunday, July 23, 2017, 6:00p.m. Swine Barn/Arena
Monday, July 24, 2017, 6:00p.m. Swine Barn/Arena
SHOWMAN OF SHOWMEN COMPETITION
Wednesday, July 26, 2017 5:00p.m. Multipurpose Building
See 2017 Junior Fair Sales
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Go to General Junior Fair Information for:
- Quality Assurance Rules
- Drug Use Notification Form Guidelines
- Check-In and Release Times of animals and projects
- Showman or Showmen Competition Rules
- Premiums to be paid and paying schedule
FITTING AND GROOMING:
- Oil may not be used for fitting
- See 2017 Season/Ohio Livestock Tampering Rules
- Slick clipping is prohibited of market hogs except on the ears and tails. Shaving is permitted however hair must be at least ½ inch in length on body.
- See Knox County Livestock Fitting and Grooming Regulations.
- Show Trunks A. Show trunks may not be placed on the pen frames: they must rest on the planks between the mounting brackets and should not have the potential for tipping into the pen. Acceptable trunk size is 24X24X44 inches B. All trunks not meeting these requirements must be placed in empty pens or under the bleachers.
BARN MEETING- Saturday July 22, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. in the Swine Arena
WEIGH-IN- Saturday July 22, 2017 following Market Goat Weigh In
- Weigh Limits: 220 to 290 pounds
- Hogs will be weighed on a one-pound break.
- All weights are final at the time of weigh-in. No re-weigh of animals will be permitted.
- Hogs will be classed according to weight.
- All market hogs exhibited must go for processing. It is a “Terminal Show.” Exhibitors not taking their market hogs through the sale ring must notify the Junior Coordinator of which of the following three choices they have made at the time of weigh-in. A. Market Hog to United Producers (exhibitor must be a pen to fill out dock slip) B. Market Hog to a processing facility (exhibitor must fill out form at weigh-in) (confirmation must be given to the processor) C. Market Hog staying for Open Show (exhibitor must be at pen)
- Exhibitors of under/overweight hogs MUST be present at their pens during load out on Wednesday at 7:00 a.m.
SWINE SHOWMANSHIP –
Sunday July 23, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.
See General Junior Fair Information
Monday July 24, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.
- You may tag up to three (3) market hogs. You can only show one (1) market hog.
- Market hogs must be in possession by May 1, 2017 and cared for until release time at the fair.
- Males must be castrated (no viable testicular tissue) by the May tagging.
- Any breed or cross is eligible.
JUNIOR FAIR SALE-
Thursday July 27, 2017
See 2017 Junior Fair Sales Section
Commodity Group Sponsored Events
Knox County Pork Council
Market Hog Awards
- The Knox County Pork Council will sponsor awards for all exhibitors
- Market Hog Commodity Group Sponsored Events Swine Carcass Contest All exhibitors will be entered in the contest
- Born, Bred and Raised-Presentation during Market Hog Show
- The exhibitor or immediate family member (mom, dad, brother, or sister) must have ownership of sow no less than 114 prior to the birth of the piglet.
- There will be one class to recognize Born, Bred and Raised Market Hogs. Over and underweight hogs are not able to participate.
- Rules of the junior fair tagging and possession apply to this class
- Entries will be available during junior fair entries in June
- Awards to be determined by the Knox County Pork Council