Jr Fair Rabbits
Last Update: 12 June 2017
Superintendent: Jerry Lamb
Senior Fair Board: Scott Moody
Junior Fair Board: Shelby Erlandson, Emma Lucas, Rebecca McCarty, and Clayton Noggle
Arrival Time & Check-In
Saturday, July 22 from 6:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
Vet will be on gate duty from 6:00 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. All animals are to be in their pen by 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 22, 3:30 p.m., Swine Arena
Market Fryer Weigh-In
Saturday, July 22, 4:00 p.m., Multi-Purpose Building
Sunday, July 23, 12:00 Noon, Small Animal Arena
Wednesday, July 26, 9:00 a.m., Small Animal Arena
Showman of Showmen Competition
Wednesday, July 26, 5:00 p.m., Multi-Purpose Building
Sale – Market Fryers
See 2017 Junior Fair Sales
Release Time for Animals Not Going Through the Sale
Friday, July 28, 10:00 p.m.
Rules and Regulations
Go to General Junior Fair Information for:
- Quality Assurance Rules.
- Drug Use Notification Form Guidelines.
- Check-In and Release Times of animals and projects.
- Showman of Showmen Competition Rules.
- Premiums to be paid and paying schedule.
Fitting and Grooming
- No locks on rabbit pens. Plastic wire tires are permissible.
- See 2017 Season/Ohio Livestock Tampering Rules
- See Knox County Fitting and Grooming Regulations.
- Show trunks are limited to the size of 32x20x16 inches. This is approximately the size of a 28 gallon plastic container.
Barn Meeting – Saturday, July 22 at 3:30 p.m. in the Swine Arena
Breeding Rabbit Check-In – Saturday, July 22, 6:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Exhibitors are responsible for making sure their projects are checked in with the rabbit barn supervisor by 3:00 p.m.
- All rabbits must have valid tattoo by the time entries are made in June to be able to show.
- No rabbits with litters are permitted.
Market Fryer Weigh-In – Saturday, July 22, 4:00 p.m.
- Fryers – minimum weight for a pen is 9.0 pounds up to a maximum weight of 15.0 pounds. Fryers will be weighed as a pen.
- All weights are final at time of weigh-in. No re-weigh of animals will be permitted.
Rabbit Show – Sunday, July 23, 12 Noon
- Breeding Rabbits – can show up to 4 animals. Only one entry per class.
- Breeding rabbits must be in possession of the exhibitor by May 1 and cared for until the release time at the fair.
- Breeding rabbits will be shown by breed, age and sex (gender).
- The best two bucks (Junior and Senior) will show against the best two does (Junior & Senior) in each of the breeds to determine Grand and Reserve Champions.
- Market Fryers – can show one pen of three fryers.
- Exhibitor must have the fryers in possession by tattooing on June 25. The fryers should be born after May 15. At the time of show they need to be 70 days old or younger.
Rabbit Showmanship – Wednesday, July 26, 9:00 a.m.
- Exhibitors may use a breeding rabbit or a market fryer in showmanship.
- See General Junior Fair Information.
Junior Fair Sale – Thursday, July 27
Delivery of fryers for processing will be handled by Junior Fair Sales Committee.
See 2017 Junior Fair Sales Section
See General Junior Fair Livestock Information.
Knox County Junior Fair Entry Information
Breeding Rabbits Breed Name & Abbreviation
J – Junior (under 6 months old)
S – Senior (over 6 months old)
D – Doe (female)
B – Buck (male)
AFL – American Fuzzy Lop J or S D or B
MF – Mini Rex J or S D or B
JW – Jersey Wooly J or S D or B
NZ – New Zealand J or S D or B
CAL – Californian J or S D or B
DU – Dutch J or S D or B
ND – Netherland Dwarf J or S D or B
SAT – Satin J or S D or B
ML – Mini Lop J or S D or B
RE – Rex J or S D or B
HL – Holland Lop J or S D or B
FW – Florida White J or S D or B
OT – Other (indicate breed) J or S D or B