MUSKINGUM VALLEY COUNCIL, BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
CUB SCOUTS/BOY SCOUTS/VENTURE CREWS/EXPLORER POSTS
Junior Fair Board Advisors: Ron Rosser, 740-393-1301, Chrystal Rardin, 740-397-6366
1. The Boy Scouts consider participation in the Knox County Fair a privilege and an opportunity to share their accomplishments, interests, and ideals. All exhibits and displays must show high quality in effort, originality, neatness, and the scouting program.
2. Every registered Boy Scout, Cub Scout, Venture Scout, and Explorer Scout (first grade through age 17), and every registered Boy Scout Troop, Cub Pack, Venture Crew, and Explorer Post in Knox County is eligible to enter exhibits.
3. All exhibits must be the work of the entrant and must not have been entered for competition in any previous fair. Group projects will be the work of at least two Scouts in any one Den, Pack, Patrol, Day Camp or Post.
4. All exhibits must have an index card securely attached with the following information: age, program level, pack/troop/post/crew number and how and why made (materials used). The explanation of how project ties to the Cub Scout/Boy Scout/Venture Scout/Explorer program should also be written. No items of danger, feathers of extinct or protected birds will be allowed. You may substitute pictures or drawings of any of these items. All photos or single picture must have a hanger or hook. Unframed materials may be stapled to display panels.
5. Scout’s name and telephone number, leader’s name and telephone number should be written on the back of the first card.
6. Baked goods and candy with recipe attached will be judged at the same time other entries are judged. Food products will not be displayed at the fair, but a representation of the food will be shown.
7. All exhibits can be delivered to the chairperson at 14145 Becky Lane, starting July 1, 2015 and all entries must be delivered by 10:00 a.m., July 20, 2015 to meet judging deadline.
8. Exhibits will be under the supervision of a competent person and every effort will be made to protect them from injury or loss. However Knox County Fair management nor the Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Venture Crew, or Explorer Posts will be responsible for any loss of injury to exhibits.
9. Judging will be done before the fair opens, and is based on the knowledge and experience gained by the boy or the troop, pack, post or crew. Originality, creativeness, workmanship, attractive appearance, honesty of material and construction durable enough for the designed use are points which will be considered.
10. Ribbons will be awarded to all participants. No premiums are given.
11. Fair pass arm bands are given only to Scouts who are ages 9 to 17 years who have an entry and are not receiving a fair pass from any other Junior Fair organization. No passes are given to parents or leaders.