Superintendent: Jerry Lamb
Senior Fair Board: Scott Moody
Junior Fair Board: Caleb Hickman and Clayton Noggle
Arrival Time & Check-In
Saturday, July 23
Vet will be on gate duty from 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 23, 3:30 p.m., Swine Arena
Market Fryer Weigh-In
Saturday, July 23, 4:00 p.m., Small Animal Barn
Sunday, July 24, 12 Noon, Small Animal Arena
Wednesday, July 27, 9:00 a.m., Small Animal Arena
Showman of Showmen Competition
Wednesday, July 27, 5:00 p.m., Multi-Purpose Building
Sale – Market Fryers
Thursday, July 28, 9:30 a.m. – Sale of Champions, Multipurpose Building
12:00 Noon (Approx.) – Market Lambs, Dairy Market Feeders, Broilers, Fryers, Turkeys, Market Beef, Beef Feeders, Market Dairy Steers in Multi-Purpose Building
Release Time for Animals Not Going Through the Sale
Friday, July 29, 10:00 p.m.
Rules and Regulations
Go To General Junior Fair Information for:
1. Quality Assurance Rules.
2. Drug Use Notification Form Guidelines.
3. Check-In and Release Times of animals and projects.
4. Showman of Showmen Competition Rules.
5. Premiums to be paid and paying schedule.
Fitting and Grooming
1. No locks on rabbit pens. Plastic wire tires are permissible.
2. See 2016 Season/Ohio Livestock Tampering Rules
3. See Knox County Fitting and Grooming Regulations.
4. Show trunks are limited to the size of 32x20x16 inches. This is approximately the size of a 28 gallon plastic container.
Barn Meeting – Saturday, July 23 at 3:30 p.m. in the Swine Arena
Breeding Rabbit Check-In – Saturday, July 23, 6:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
1. Exhibitors are responsible for making sure their projects are checked in with the rabbit barn supervisor by 3:00 p.m.
2. All rabbits must have valid tattoo by the time entries are made in June to be able to show.
3. No rabbits with litters are permitted.
Market Fryer Weigh-In – Saturday, July 23, 4:00 p.m.
1. Fryers – minimum weight for a pen is 9.0 pounds up to a maximum weight of 15.0 pounds. Fryers will be weighed as a pen.
2. All weights are final at time of weigh-in. No re-weigh of animals will be permitted.
Rabbit Show – Sunday, July 24, 12 Noon
1. Breeding Rabbits - can show up to 4 animals. Only one entry per class.
2. Breeding rabbits must be in possession of the exhibitor by May 1 and cared for until the release time at the fair.
3. Breeding rabbits will be shown by breed, age and sex (gender).
4. The best two bucks (Junior and Senior) will show against the best two does (Junior & Senior) in each of the breeds to determine Grand and Reserve Champions.
5. Market Fryers - can show one pen of three fryers.
6. Exhibitor must have the fryers in possession by June 24.The fryers should be born after May 15. At the time of show they need to be 70 days old or younger.
Rabbit Showmanship – Wednesday, July 27, 9:00 a.m.
1. Exhibitors may use a breeding rabbit or a market fryer in showmanship.
2. See General Junior Fair Information.
Junior Fair Sale - Thursday, July 28
1. Sale of Champions - 9:30 a.m.
2. Order of Sale – 12:00 Noon (Approx.) – Market Lambs, Dairy Market Feeders, Broilers, Fryers, Turkeys, Market Beef, Beef Feeders, Market Dairy Steers in Multi-Purpose Building
3. Delivery of fryers for processing will be handled by Junior Fair Sales Committee.
4. See Junior Fair Sales Information.
1. See General Junior Fair Livestock Information.
Knox County Junior Fair Entry Information
Breed Name & Abbreviation
J – Junior (under 6 months old)
S – Senior (over 6 months old)
D – Doe (female)
B – Buck (male)
AFL – American Fuzzy Lop J or S D or B
MF – Mini Rex J or S D or B
JW – Jersey Wooly J or S D or B
NZ – New Zealand J or S D or B
CAL – Californian J or S D or B
DU – Dutch J or S D or B
ND – Netherland Dwarf J or S D or B
SAT – Satin J or S D or B
ML – Mini Lop J or S D or B
RE – Rex J or S D or B
HL – Holland Lop J or S D or B
FW – Florida White J or S D or B
OT – Other (indicate breed) J or S D or B