Saturday, July 25
Vet will be on gate duty from 6:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 25, 3:30 p.m., Swine Arena
Saturday, July 25, 4:00 p.m., Multi-Purpose Building
Showmanship & Show
Tuesday, July 28, 1:00 p.m., Multi-Purpose Building
Showman of Showmen Competition
Wednesday, July 29, 5:00 p.m., Multi-Purpose Building
Thursday, July 30, 9:30 a.m. – Sale of Champions, Multipurpose Building
12:00 Noon (Approx.) – Turkeys, Fryers, Broilers, Dairy Market Feeders, Market Beef, Beef Feeders, Market Dairy Steers, Market Lambs – Multipurpose Building
Wednesday, July 29, 7:00 a.m. (If going to United Producers)
Thursday, July 30, 7:30 p.m. (If going home)
Superintendent: Brian Breece & Josie Rine
Senior Fair Board: Curt Bechtel
Junior Fair Board: Jessica Small & Josh Stimpert
Rules and Regulations
Go To General Junior Fair Information for:
1. Quality Assurance Rules.
2. Drug Use Notification Form Guidelines.
3. Check-In and Release Times of animals and projects.
4. Showman of Showmen Competition Rules.
5. Premiums to be paid and paying schedule.
Fitting and Grooming
1. Fitting chutes will not be permitted inside any building.
2. See 2015 Season/Ohio Livestock Tampering Rules.
3. See Knox County Livestock Fitting and Grooming Regulations.
Barn Meeting – Saturday, July 25 at 3:30 p.m. in the Swine Arena
Dairy Market Feeder Weigh-In - Saturday, July 25, 4:30 p.m.
1. Weight limits: 400-600 pounds.
3. The animals will be weighed on a one-pound break.
4. All weights are final at the time of weigh-in. No re-weigh of animals will be permitted.
Dairy Market Feeder Showmanship & Show - Tuesday, July 28, 1:00 p.m.
1. The showmanship contest for all dairy market feeder exhibitors will be held Tuesday at 1:00 p.m. with the show immediately following.
2. Must be 100% dairy breed. The recognized dairy breeds are Ayrshire, Brown Swiss,
Guernsey, Holstein, Jersey and Milking Shorthorn.
3. Verification of parentage must be available if requested by the Junior Fair Coordinator or
Senior Fair Board.
4. Calves must be dehorned and castrated (no viable testicular tissue) by the May tagging.
5. All dairy market feeders will be vaccinated at the May tagging.
6. You can tag up to 2 Dairy Market Feeders. You can only show 1 Dairy Market Feeder.
7. Dairy Market Feeders must be in possession by the tagging date in May and cared for
until release time at the fair.
8. See General Junior Fair Information.
Junior Fair Sale - Thursday, July 30
1. Sale of Champions - 9:30 a.m.
2. Order of Sale – 12:00 Noon (Approx.) – Turkeys, Fryers, Broilers, Dairy Market Feeders, Market Beef, Beef Feeders, Market Dairy Steers, Market Lambs
3. See Junior Fair Sales Information.
1. See General Junior Fair Information.
Dairy Market Feeders
Commodity Group Sponsored Events
Knox County Dairy Service Unit
Bred, Born and Raised on the Farm (BBR)
1. The exhibitor or immediate family member (mom, dad, brother, sister) must have ownership of the cow prior to birth of the calf.
2. There will be one class to recognize Bred, Born and Raised Dairy Market Feeders.
3. Rules of junior fair tagging and possession apply to this class.
4. Entries will be available during junior fair entries in June.
5. Awards to be determined by the Knox County Dairy Service Unit.